2021 Open Enrollment
OPEN ENROLLMENT FAQ
1. When is the annual Open Enrollment Period?
Open Enrollment will run from October 19th through October 30th. All benefits elected during the Open Enrollment period will become effective January 1st, 2021.
2. How do I enroll?
Login to PlanSource at to make your elections. Make sure to review your current benefit elections before enrolling.
3. What if I don’t want to make any benefit changes?
Each year you are required to re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts if you want to continue participating. All other elections will carryover to 2021.
4. Can I make changes to my benefits during the year?
Unless you experience a life-changing qualifying event, you can only make changes to your elections during the open enrollment period. Qualified changes in status include, for example: marriage, divorce, legal separation, birth or adoption of a child, change in dependents status, death of a spouse/child/qualified dependent, change in employment status or change in coverage under another employer sponsored plan.
5. Who is considered an eligible dependent under my plan(s)?
Eligible dependents include your legal spouse, domestic partner, and dependent children up to age 26.
6. What benefits am I eligible to enroll in?
Piedmont offers employees the opportunity to enroll in:
– Medical, Dental, and Vision
– Health Care and Dependent Care
– Health Savings Account
– Life and AD&D
– Short and Long-Term Disability
– Whole Life Insurance
– Accident Insurance
– Critical Illness Insurance
– Hospital Indemnity Insurance
– 403(b) Retirement Plan
– Legal Shield and ID Shield
7. Are there any changes to the benefit plans for 2021?
There are no major changes to any of the benefit plans for 2021. This includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and voluntary benefits. There are some slight changes for those on specialty medications. You will be contacted individually if these changes affect you.
8. What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)?
If you elect in the High Deductible Health Plan, you are eligible to open a Health Savings Account (HSA) to help pay for eligible health care expenses. The money you contribute is tax-deductible and can be used for yourself or your dependents. Your HSA funds roll over from year to year, many people use this account to save for retirement health care expenses. The HSA is also portable, so you can keep the account if you leave Piedmont in the future.
9. How much can I contribute to my HSA? How much does Piedmont contribute?
For the 2021 plan year, Piedmont is contributing $375 for Individual Coverage or $750 for Family Coverage. You can contribute up to $3,225 for Individual Coverage or up to $6,450 for family coverage. Your contribution plus Piedmont’s contribution may not exceed the annual limit set by the IRS ($3,600 Individual and $7,200 Family). If you are over age 55, you can contribute an additional $1,000.
10. If I elect to participate in the HDHP, can I also elect the Health Care FSA?
If you participate in the High Deductible Health Plan, you are not allowed to contribute to both a HSA as well as a Health Care FSA. Additionally, if you are enrolled in Medicare, you are not eligible for the HSA but can enroll in the Health Care FSA.
11. How much does Piedmont contribute to my 403b?
Piedmont contributes 3% of your salary for eligible employees after 90 days of employment. Piedmont will also match an additional amount up to 3% of your salary after the 90 day introductory period. Piedmont’s contributions are subject to a 5-year vesting schedule.
12. How do I find additional information?
Please refer to your Benefits Guide or watch a short presentation on our benefits by clicking here or scanning the QR code to the right. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Click Image Below to Open.
- Virtual Informational Sessions held on:
October 12 – 2:30 PM
October 13 – 8:30 AM
October 14 – 12:00 N
October 15 – 6:00 PM
October 16 – 4:30 PM
October 26 – 2:00 PM (Makeup Session)
(These are ZOOM sessions. Contact HR For ZOOM Credentials.)
- Plansource will be open for benefit elections: October 19 – October 30.
- October 30 is the last day to make benefit changes.