CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
Protect yourself from financial hardship if you or a dependent is diagnosed with a covered condition, especially if on the HSA plan.
- Receive a lump sum benefit at initial diagnosis
- Choose your benefit amount
- Increments of $1,000
- You decide how to spend your benefit
- Medical expenses: eg. treatment, rehab, follow-up care
- Household expenses: eg. mortgage, childcare, groceries
Includes a $75 wellness benefit.
What is Covered?
- Heart attack
- Major Organ Failure
- Benign brain tumor
- Occupation HIV
Cost of Coverage
Premium varies by age, tobacco use status and benefit amount. See rates in plan summary.
Customer Service Contact Information
Phone: 800-421-0344: Term Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
800-635-5597 : Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital, Indemnity, Whole Life
Mobile app: search for “Unum Customer”
The Piedmont Healthcare Services HR Department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org