EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Definition of Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a service purchased by Piedmont Health Services that provides confidential and professional help to resolve problems that are affecting you and your family.
Why Piedmont Health needs an EAP?
Piedmont Health offers an Employee Assistance Program as an additional benefit to you. Personal problems can make life difficult at home and at work. The EAP helps you get fast, practical help to balance work with life issues before they become overwhelming.
Piedmont Health knowing about my use of the EAP
Not unless you decide to tell them. Your decision to use EAP services is voluntary and confidential. No EAP record is placed in your personnel file.
Services available through the EAP
Our work-life balance program provides resources that effectively address both everyday issues, such as financing a car, as well as more serious ones such as substance abuse. You do not have to have filed a claim or be receiving disability benefits to use the program.
- around-the-clock, toll-free phone access to master’s-level consultants for confidential advice and personalized searches and referrals
- up to three face-to-face sessions to provide advice and identify resources to help with more serious issues
- online resources, including interactive self-assessment tools
- online financial calculators to help evaluate what kind of home you can afford, how long it will take to pay off a credit card, how to plan for retirement
- booklets, audio tapes and in-depth articles
- dedicated Hispanic service center, printed resources in Spanish and multi-lingual capabilities in 140 languages
Other services for which you can find assistance are:legal issues
- retirement questions
- parenting and childcare
- worksite issues
- financial issues
- emotional well-being issues
- addiction and eating disorders
- grief recovery and support services ( see “Survivor Support Brochure”)
- comprehensive travel assistance (see “Travel Assistance Wallet Card” “Worldwide Travel Assistance Information Flyer” )
For a more comprehensive list of EAP services available, check out the brochure entitled “Work-Life Balance Brochure“
Cost of EAP services
Your EAP services are provided by Piedmont Health at no cost to you at this time.
Contacting the EAP
The Piedmont Healthcare Services HR Department can be reached at email@example.com
Forms & Documents