ONLINE BENEFITS DIRECTORY
Continuing Medical Education Information
The PHS, Inc. program has a responsibility for developing the potential of its employees to produce highly skilled and productive workers. PHS, Inc. will emphasize and reinforce continuous improvement of the employee by in-service training, continuous education programs, workshops, incentive awards, and effective promotion policies. PHS, Inc. provides reimbursement for Continuing Medical Education (CME) based on an individual’s position.
The following amounts are allocated and effective during our calendar year which is January 1 – December 31 of each year.
Continuing Medical Education
|Job Title||Annual Allocation/Employee||Time Allotment in Hours|
|All Physicians||$1200||40 hours|
|Physician's Assistant/FNP's||$1000||40 hours|
|Dental Hygienists||$600||24 hours|
|Pharmacy Techs||$250||8 hours|
|Lab Director/Med Tech||$250||24 hours|
|Registered Nurses||$250||24 hours|
|PT, OT, and LCSW||$250||24 hours|
|Licensed Recreational Therapist||$250||24 hours|
|Nutritionists, RD's Only||$250||24 hours|
|CFO and Finance Director||$250||24 hours|
|Director of Human Resources||$250||24 hours|
|All Directors Not Listed||$250||24 hours|
To assist employees in this area, PHS, Inc. offers reimbursement for dollars spent to further education within an employee’s related scope of work. Continuing education dollars will be used to enhance current work skills and must have prior supervisory approval. Reimbursement for continued education can be used the following ways:
- Primary Care Board Certification and Re-Certification and travel associated with taking Board examinations (internal medicine, pediatrics, family practice, obstetrics/gynecology, and midlevel boards) and other primary care professional board-related expenses.
- Membership fees for primary care and public health-related professional societies and organizations.
- Conference and seminar registration and travel expenses associated with the seminar.
- Books, periodicals, videos and other reference materials/supplies related to the individual’s professional development.
- Course registrations and travel expenses associated with the course. Prior to receiving reimbursement for the courses, the employee must show proof of successful completion of the course. (This includes classes taken at a college/university.)
- Monies CANNOT be used for hardware or office equipment purchases.
CME hours are to be used for travel away from your regularly scheduled work day. CME time allotment functions like PTO and allows you to complete your CME without having to take PTO.
Please note that whatever your FTE rate is as of January 1 of the calendar year that is the FTE rate applied through the entire year when calculating CME.
Prorated for Continuing Education
All Continuing education allocations are prorated in your first year of hire according to your start date and FTE rate. Continuing education allocation is only available to employee’s that work 24 or more hours per week.
The following is an example of the FTE/CME hours based on an allocation of $250.00
|32 (.80 FTE)||32||$200.00|
|34 (.85 FTE)||34||$212.50|
|36 (.90 FTE)||36||$225.00|
|38 (.95 FTE)||38||$237.50|
|40 (1.00 FTE)||40||$250.00|
Reimbursement for Continuing Education Monies
Continuing education allocation and reimbursement is based on the calendar year (January 1 – December 31) according to check date and will not be carried over into the following year. To make a reimbursement request please follow these procedures listed below.
Complete a Check Request Form
- Attach evidence of payment (registration receipt, copy of a cancelled check or credit card bill with item highlighted).
- Send both items to the CFO, Corporate Office (signature of a supervisor or manager is not required).
A check for the proper amount will be distributed to the employee’s address on record within thirty (30) days of request approval.
The Piedmont Healthcare Services HR Department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Human Resources
919-537-7487 – Office
919-537-0469 – FAX
Rosalyn R. Freeman
Director of Human Resources