ONLINE BENEFITS DIRECTORY
GROUP TERM LIFE / AD&D
Employees working at least 24 hours each week in active employment and their legal dependents are eligible for Life & AD&D coverage on the first of the month after a 90 day probationary period.
Your Basic Term Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance at no cost to the employee equals $65,000 per employee.
Additional Life and AD&D insurance is available for purchase by eligible employees. You may purchase:
- Employee: up to 5 times your annual salary in increments of $10,000 (not to exceed $500,000 for both life and AD&D)
- Spouse*: up to 100% of employee coverage in increments of $5,000 (not to exceed $500,000 for life and $50,000 for AD&D)
- Child(ren)*: up to 100% of employee coverage in increments of $2,000 (not to exceed $10,000 for both life and AD&D). The maximum death benefit for a child between the ages of live birth and 6 months is $1,000.
*Employee must purchase additional life insurance in order to purchase life insurance for his/her spouse and/or child(ren).
Note: The employee is automatically listed as the beneficiary for spouse and child(ren) coverages.
Full AD&D benefit amounts are paid for:
- Loss of life
- Loss of hands
- Loss of both feet
- Loss of sight in both eyes
- Loss of one hand and sight in one eye
- Loss of one foot and sight in one eye
- Loss of speech and hearing
Other losses may be covered as well, please see the Summary Plan Description or visit UNUM ’s website.
Additional Features Included
- Waiver Of Premium – If you become disabled (as defined by your plan) and are no longer able to work, your premium payments will be waived during the period of disability.
- Accelerated Benefit – If you become terminally ill and are not expected to live beyond a certain time period as stated in your certificate booklet, you may request up to 100% of your life insurance amount up to $250,000, without fees or present value adjustments. A doctor must certify your condition in order to qualify for this benefit. Upon your death, the remaining benefit will be paid to your designated beneficiary(ies). This feature also applies to your covered dependents.
- Portability/Conversion – If you retire, reduce your hours or leave your employer, you can take this coverage with you according to the terms outlined in the contract. You may also have the option to convert your Term life coverage to an individual life insurance policy.
For detailed information on these and other additional features included in your Life AD&D Insurance Benefit, please refer to your Life AD&D Employee Booklet.
Cost of Coverage
|Age Band||Employee per $10,000||Spouse per $5,000||Child per $2,000|
|25-29||$0.830||$0.445||(see note below)|
|30-34||$1.020||$0.490||(see note below)|
|35-39||$1.450||$0.675||(see note below)|
|40-44||$2.070||$0.965||(see note below)|
|45-49||$3.310||$1.510||(see note below)|
|50-54||$5.250||$2.355||(see note below)|
|55-59||$8.080||$3.610||(see note below)|
|60-64||$12.610||$6.170||(see note below)|
|65-69||$21.880||$10.545||(see note below)|
|70-74||$39.050||$18.785||(see note below)|
|75+||$76.520||$37.625||(see note below)|
NOTE: Your rate will increase as you age and move to the next age band.
The premium paid for child coverage is based on the cost of coverage for one child, regardless of how many children you have.
AD&D Coverage Rates
|Coverage for;||AD&D Cost Per||Monthly Rate|
Insurance Age – Your rate is based on your insurance age. To calculate your insurance age, subtract your year of birth from the year your coverage becomes effective.
For detailed information on your Term Life AD&D Insurance coverage visit the following link
The Piedmont Healthcare Services HR Department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Human Resources
919-537-7487 – Office
919-537-0469 – FAX
Rosalyn R. Freeman
Director of Human Resources